Monday 11 April 2011

Claudia On Childrens NewsRound

Our little blond bombshell at our wedding. From early age she liked to take centre stage. Yes we were naughty, children before marriage. We had a phone call asking if Claudia would like to be on Children's NewsRound. Claudia said yes. Hayley from children's NewsRound arrived on a Thursday afternoon a few weeks ago. She talked to Claudia on her own, so I didn't actually know what she had said until today. When I saw the feature today made me very proud, yet at the same time I cried. It's the first time I have heard Claudia talk at length to someone else, about her understanding of Type 1 and she felt. As parents we are often guilty of speaking for our children as are the medical profession. It highlights that children do manage (as do parents) but they manage even better when given a choice! If you are able, please send this link to your Diabetes Team & Primary Care Trust Our children need to be heard and understood.


If you are unable to access this link I will be putting the video on www.diabetespower.org.uk this evening (UK time).

1 comment: