Sunday 3 July 2011

Play Your Cards Right

Type 1 Odds Higher Or Lower?


















Whilst on my nightly prowl due to Claudia's CGM alarming. It was predicting high, then low, then high, then low.

I have to say that on double checking with her conventional meter the CGM was accurate.

Lying in bed unable to get to sleep. Bruce Forsyth suddenly sprang to mind and the game show. Play Your Cards Right. Weird I know. Why can't my dreams be of Brad Pitt on exotic islands.
For the people who don't remember, the idea of the card game was Black Jack at the turn of every card you had to predict if the card would be higher or lower than the previous card.

So in essence it felt like I was playing Type 1 Black Jack last Night. Each time the CGM alarm went off, I had a little bet with myself. Will Claudia be high or low. Needless to say I would have been penniless after the first 3 alarms.

Type 1 Diabetes ahhhhhhhhh such a black art, no amount of analysing, preparing etc will ever give you the perfect control.

I think half the battle of accepting and coping with Type 1 is: No matter how hard you try or work at it Mr D has a habit of being unpredictable, so sometimes there are no answers to the strange numbers that our BG meters flash at us.

I have learnt after 3 years, sometimes there is just no explanation. Which can leave you feeling really frustrated & rather angry on occasions.


Love The CGM & Pump. Huge Dislike for Mr D.


No comments:

Post a Comment