Sunday 29 August 2010

Dizzy Dizzy Dizzy!!!


I am still smiling!!









Today Claudia felt dizzy when she was 4.6, again when she was 8.5, again when she was 13.5.

This is her/our life and has been for the last 6 months with hypo's more or less every day.

As a parent, it is only natural to want to make your child feel better.

For me it's been a long 6 months, with so much advice, idea's and suggestions. One of the biggest issue is no one knows how Claudia actually feels (they can't as they are not her). So if I am frustrated and upset, I can't begin too imagine how she is feeling.

So many people involved, change the basal, change the carb ratio, change the sensitivity, change the blood glucose target range, don't give the corrections, give carbs without insulin, to name a few. No wonder Claudia looks at me as if to say OMG what this time.

I asked her why she felt the need to test her BG so often, she said it was because she felt dizzy. I asked her if she could tell the difference when her numbers were lower or higher, she said sometimes when they are lower she gets a little shaky. She also said she gets headaches.But not always.

We are being referred to Leeds Hospital for a second opinion. I just hope they listen to Claudia and how she feels, sometimes I feel they jump to conclusions just in order to try and answer the "why "questions. When often with diabetes there are no answers or explanations.

For me Claudia is following no patterns, every day is just random. It's a bit like the sweet advert for randoms "oh what will be next"

Claudia has seen the child psychologist twice.Wondering were that will lead, as she came out this time saying she was bored! She is such a minx, more likely is that she wasn't allowed to play with her phone, so she was miffed!!

Quote " We feel that Claudia' Diabetes is well controlled" Which bright intelligent sparks made that statement do you think? mmmm I think not with hypo's everyday and I have no medical qualifications.





No comments:

Post a Comment