Tuesday 15 November 2011

Mother Madness

Loz, selected pink & blue lycra, not ME!!!!



When you become a mother you suddenly find yourself doing things and agreeing to events that you would never even have considered BC (before children).

When your child is diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, that "mother madness" hits new levels!! I refer to these moments as AD (after diagnosis)

Well after all the mad missions I have been on since Claudia was diagnosed 1st May 2008. This has got to be the most "nutty" of  all.

Nipro-Europe asked if I would like to cycle from Portsmouth to Birmingham to raise funds to enable Diabetes Power to register as a Charity. "Oh yes" I said ! What possessed me to agree?

Have a put in enough training NO!
Is it going to hurt? Yes !
Will I finish? Yes, but it may be next week!
Will we have fun? Oh yes.
We will raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes.

In between looking after 5 children, one, currently in plaster, trying to set up a shop & doing battle each and every day with MR D on behalf of Claudia. I have managed to fit in the odd few miles. Oh yes & being a wife.

Had an email from one of the guys; just finished doing 155 miles spinning!!!! How is your training going ?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! were my thoughts and I didn't respond.

You can follow our ride with google earth : http://www.diabetespower.org.uk/index.php/the-ride

If you would like to join us along the way, please do. At each stop we will be launching biodegradable Blue Chinese Lanterns.

Claudia will be cycling the first & last leg of the ride !! Go Claudia (she wanted to do it all)

In my thoughts whilst cycling will be Sian, such a beautiful person, sadly no longer with us.Who I know will be giggling at me having to wear cycling shoes & lycra ,rather that 10inch heels. The ride is for  everyone all over the world with Type 1 Diabetes. Hoping to raise awareness along our route. You know me I can talk for England!!!

If you are able please share this link or sponsor. http://www.justgiving.com/DiabetesPowerCycleRide

I would like to thank DWED an amazing Charity Diabetics with eating disorders:http://www.dwed.org.uk

A huge, huge, huge thank you to Nipro-Europe who have been amazing & so supportive.

We love you guys!!





No comments:

Post a Comment