Monday 14 November 2011

World Diabetes Day 14th November 2011

World Diabetes Day 14th November 2011!

Frederick Banting Gave Hope & Insulin To People With Diabetes. I am sure he would be amazed at how treatment has progressed!



Over the last few weeks and indeed the last few days we have been celebrating and leading up to World Diabetes Day 2011.

Tonight along with friends, we will be launching biodegradable Blue Chinese Lanterns. On each lantern there will be a written wish for a cure.

Wednesday I will start my 150 cycle ride from Portsmouth to Birmingham. At Each Stop A Blue Lantern Will Be Launched.
http://www.justgiving.com/DiabetesPowerCycleRide

Follow our ride:   http://www.diabetespower.org.uk/index.php/route-for-stage-1

Whilst a part of me loves the fact that on this day all over the world the diabetic community unite.
Which is amazing and very powerful. Perhaps it shows how truly desperate we all are for that cure.Rightly so! Until Claudia was diagnosed I had no idea how truly complicated Type 1 diabetes is.

Who would have thought a few years ago we would have wireless pumps!!


Part of my heart is still heavy and sad. In my heart of hearts rightly or wrongly I wish that we did not have to celebrate this day.However I have every faith in our amazing research scientists that a cure will be in the near future.

 I wish all my friends and everyone all over the world lots of love.



From London

To Australia





No comments:

Post a Comment