Sunday 25 July 2010

www.Diabetespower.org.uk






Well I have finally plucked up the courage and decided to go for it.





With all the support of my friends it finally happened.

Welcome to Diabetespower.
http://www.diabetepower.org.uk/

The aim of the group is eventually to become a registered charity. I don't intend to compete with the big charities. I would like to keep it small, friendly and very dynamic with maximum impact for little cost.

I feel we all share several beliefs:

.We need to raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes

.We need to improve school life for children with Type 1

.Empower people to choose the treatment option they would like

.Build a good support network that is warm and welcoming

.Organise events that are informative and not always just for raising funds

.Make the health professionals understand what living with diabetes is really like

.Adults and children working together

Quality of life for someone with diabetes could be vastly improved, let's be part of it.

I would like to make up a commitee who can add articles and help support the group by inputting and leading campaigns. If you would like to be on the commitee, please email me.

This is the first step on that rollercoaster are you getting on with me. It's going to be one hell of a ride, but hey we will have lots of laughs along the way.

Can you see yourself ?

No comments:

Post a Comment