Sunday 17 October 2010

Little things keep reminding you Type 1 is here to stay



Two Beautiful Girls Who Have A Deep Unspoken Understanding





I believe I have accepted Claudia has Type 1 Diabetes and the fact it is for life or until a cure is found.
We deal with Mr Diabetes every day and desperately try not to let him spoil anything.
Claudia came into the kitchen and asked if I could change the skin on her pump. The love hearts have been replaced by jelly beans(her favourite) As I was changing the skin, I got a lump in my throat and had to stop myself from crying.
Something as simple as changing her pump skin made me have to admit once again, what a truly horrible, irritating, unpredictable, unreasonable, thoughtless beep ........... of a condition Type 1 Diabetes is!!
Yet stood in front of me was my beautiful 9 year old, who is making an awful condition a little bit more light hearted my changing the skin on her pump.
I looked at her wishing it would go away, yet knowing in my heart that will never happen. What gives me the strength to carry on and battle this unruly ratbag of a condition, is Claudia just gave me the biggest hug when I changed the skin and she looked as pleased as punch.

Thank you Claudia xxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. HI THERE!

    I have celiac....my oldest daughter (7) was dx with T1D in 2005 at the age of 24 months and celiac in 12/08 at the age of 5 years.

    Gotta LOVE pump skins :) Savor the happy moments in everything.

    ReplyDelete